MDS PART II
Broad outline of theoritical, clinical and practical courses:
1. Study of principles of routine and special techiques used for histopathology including principles of histochemistry as related to oral pathology.
2. Advanced and Histopathologic study of dental and oral tissues including embryologic consideration.
3. Study of special pathology of oral regions as well as relation of local pathologic and clinical findings to systemic conditions.
4. Oral microbiology and their relationship to various branches of dentistry
5. Oral diagnosis of soft tissue changes-study of basic clinical changes and their significance to dental and oral diseases as related to oral pathology.
6. Forensic dentistry.
7. Recent advances in oral pathology and oral microbiology
8. Study of principles and techniques of oral cytology and oral biopsy procedures.
The MDS written examination shall consist of four papers, out of which two shall be pertaining to the subject, one in Applied Basic Sciences and one shall be Essays with emphasis on recent advances. Each paper shall be of 3 hours duration.
Clincial practical and viva voce examination of not less than 2 days duration involving case studies, clinical and pathological diagnosis of oral diseases.