|::Student Center : Exam pattern : BDS|
|UNDER GRADUATE EXAMINATION
Examination for BDS:
|First Year BDS
Paper I - General Anatomy, Embryology and Histology Paper II - General Human Physiology and Biochemistry Paper III - Dental Anatomy, Embryology and OralHistology
|Second Year BDS
Paper I - General Pathology andMicrobiology
Paper II - General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics Paper III - DentalMaterials
Paper IV - Preclinical ConservativeDentistry
Paper V - Preclinical Prosthodontics & Crown &Bridge
|Third Year BDS
Paper I - GeneralMedicine
Paper II - GeneralSurgery
Paper III - Oral Pathology and OralMicrobiology
|Final Year BDS
Paper I - Oral Medicine and Radiology
Paper II - Paediatric and PreventiveDentistry
Paper III - Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics Paper IV - Periodontology
Paper V - Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge
Paper VI - Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
Paper VII - Oral and MaxillofacialSurgery
Paper VIII - Public HealthDentistry
Each academic year shall consist of not less than 240 working days. The following requirements shall be fulfilled by the candidate to become eligible for the university examination.
- Attendance: Every candidate shall secure (75% attendance during each academic year separately in theory classes andclinicals).
- Internal Assessment Examinations: The continuing assessment examinationsmaybeheldfrequentlyatleast3timesinagivenacademic year and the average marks of these examinations should be considered. Ten percent of the total marks in each subject separately for theory and practical / Clinical examination separately should be set aside for internal assessment examination.
Theory: 100 marks
WrittenExamination = 70
VivaVoce = 20
InternalAssesssment = 10
Practicals: 100 marks
UniversityExam = 90
Minimum marks for pass = 50 marks separate in Theory & practical.
QUOTA FOR FINALBDS
- Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge: 5cases of complete dentures Discussion starting with Case history Impression taking, Jaw relation recording, Wax try-in and denture insertion. Single complete denture with complex RPD - 2 Cases.
- Periodontology: Hand Scaling - 70 cases (alongwith III year), Ultrasonic Scaling – cases, Oral Hygiene Instructions - 10cases.
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery: 250Extractions
- Conservative Dentistry& Endodontics: Class II - Silver amalgam - 12 cases, Class III & Class IV - Glass Ionomer Cement - 5 cases, Class V - Glass Ionomer Cement - 5 cases, Jacket Crown - 2 cases, Ant. Root canal treatment - 3 cases,Inlay-1
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics: 5 cases Discussion & 5 removable appliances Demonstration of Fixedappliances.
- Public Health Dentistry: 15 Case history taking withIndices
- Pediatrics & Preventive Dentistry: Restoration of Teeth - 15 cases, Hand Scaling - 15 cases, Extraction - 40cases
- Oral Medicine & Radiology: 10 case history and 10 IOPA with interpretation.